[Stoves] [biochar] Re: Report on APBC - first two days

Erich Knight erichjknight at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:25:35 CDT 2011

Hi Lloyd & All,
Steve McGreevy presented this project last year at ISU;
http://www.biorenew.iastate.edu/events/biochar2010/conference-agenda/agenda-overview/creating-positive-communitysocial-impacts-with-biochar-projects.html

An October , 2010 presentation here;

[PDF]  A Rural Revitalization Scheme in *Japan* Utilizing Biochar and Eco *
...*<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Firis.lib.neu.edu%2Fcgi%2Fviewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1053%26context%3Daes&rct=j&q=%22cool%20vegetables%22%20japan&ei=XU52TpOrL4nh0QH14anBDA&usg=AFQjCNESzK0IKzjGaIeZpJfsrPbwGVDWHQ&cad=rja>
iris.lib.neu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=aes
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
by SR McGreevy - 2010 - Related
articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=related:UaEOTLn_rXwJ:scholar.google.com/&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XU52TpOrL4nh0QH14anBDA&sa=X&oi=science_links&ct=sl-related&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQzwIwAA>
production process and the cultivation and assessment of “*Cool Vegetables*”
in Kameoka. City, *Japan*.” Presented at 3rd International. Biochar
Conference 2010 *...*

I have heard that much progress has been made in the markets. Albert Bates
recently put a poster together with many great photos of the farm work.

 Maybe Steve (cced) will send an update to us on the current status, scale &
scope

Cheers,
Erich