[Stoves] Lignite in Mississippi

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 22:38:30 CDT 2011

Many thanks William

They note:

"With TRIGT, the IGCC facility in Kemper County will turn Mississippi
lignite into gas while cleaning emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides
and mercury to near natural-gas levels. It also will produce 65 percent less
carbon dioxide emissions than the current pulverized coal plants."

And I note that they are in fact using a coal gasification process and
calculating their CO2 emissions on a kW generated basis. It is a far better
system efficiency than a single step process but it certainly comes at a
cost. There was initial talk about putting one into Ulaanbaatar as they 520
MW plant is getting close to capacity. It is pretty expensive.

The inherent emissions of mercury etc are already removable. I note they are
talking at Southern of carbon capture. Perhaps someone will pay them to do
that too.

++++++=

Crispin,

This plant is a scaled up version of an existing process.  More info on the
Lignite plant at:
http://www.mississippipower.com/kemper/TRIGTechnology.asp

Additional information Links on this site...
http://sequestration.mit.edu/tools/projects/kemper.html

William Hatcher

  _____