[Stoves] Lignite in Mississippi

The Bootstrapper whh393 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:45:22 CDT 2011

When I first heard about the project I questioned the wisdom of using the lignite found in our area of Mississippi (about 15 miles from the plant location). I’ve never heard of anyone trying to burn this lignite. Even in a forest fire the “outcroppings” of lignite don’t burn.

The byproducts of the process are said to be sulfuric acid and CO2. They say they already have customers that will buy both byproducts. The CO2 will go into a pipeline for transport about 40 miles South to the oil fields.

More detailed information here:
http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/coalpower/ewr/pubs/CO2Handbook/CO2-Capture-Tech-Update-2011_App-A.pdf

William H.