[Stoves] [biochar] Re: Report on APBC - first two days

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 19 09:48:03 CDT 2011

Thank you very much Brian for that great report.

Probably the most significant part of what you wrote is that, " charred
rice husk... has been used as long as people can remember."
I will have to keep my eyes open for work from /*Kasetsaert University*/.

Thanks for pointing out that *Karl Frogner* has also "been involved in
some biochar production/use work in Thailand". I was not aware of that
[...I only know of his work in *Mongolia*].

Having 3,500 farmers in a "farmers network" who are "interested" in your
work with Biochar is fantastic!

This is why here in Ontario/Canada I would like to work with
organizations like the NFU, which is also very active internationally
through, for instance, /*La Via Campesina*/.
http://viacampesina.org/main_en/ ; http://www.nfu.ca/international.html.
The NFU is a non-partisan, nation-wide democratic organization made up
of thousands of farm families from across Canada who produce a wide
variety of commodities, including grains, livestock, fruits and vegetables.
Their membership is also open to *Urban Farmers*.

  Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
  Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
  www.biochar-consulting.ca
  603-48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
  905-707-8754; 647-886-8754 (cell)
     Skype: lloyd.helferty
  Steering Committee member, Canadian Biochar Initiative
  President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario
    Advisory Committee Member, IBI
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42237506675
  http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
  http://www.meetup.com/biocharontario/
  http://grassrootsintelligence.blogspot.com
   www.biochar.ca

Biochar Offsets Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
"Necessity may be the mother of invention, but innovators need to address problems before they become absolute necessities..."