[Stoves] Tell everyone about Worms and Biochar and what nutrient rich soil it creates

Gerrie Baker gbaker at rideau.net
Fri Sep 23 12:43:06 CDT 2011

Kingston is known as Limestone city and this Region of the Rideau Lakes
is on a rocky base with thin topsoil yet full of life and diversity of
living things.

Endangered species and unique micro habitats can be found dotted
throughout this area now designated as the Frontenac Arch Biosphere.

The mineral and organic matter of these soils creates the elemental
nutritional units required to sustain plants and therefore life.

There is a "knowing" within the seeds that is beyond our complete
understanding which we must learn to respect to gain wisdom and share
this with others.

It is probably prudent to advance with caution and avoid genetic
manipulation of organisms to avoid even more complex systems beyond our
present understanding.

Nature in all it's horror and glory is the greatest teacher and we can
choose to work with it or struggle against these forces and alter them.

This is simple but it can be hard to accept especially when we "are
spoiled and want our own way".  Yes, we are childlike to our mother
earth and father sun.

Surrender, love, honour and all positive intention will lead us to the
answers.   We must decide and choose.  The time is always now.  Observe
closely.

As financial markets collapse some level of panic could occur and
priorities will be clarified.  With good intention simply be prepared to
extend what you know.

I am looking for partners to work with biochar and worm castings at the
infancy stage of transitioning this farm to an environmental
cooperative.  All good stuff.

Stay positive.  Contact me if interested.

Gerrie Baker, aka The Worm Lady

Dedicated to delivering organic waste solutions through education and demonstrations of worm composting habitats indoors and outside.  Focused on converting garbage to gardens and encouraging people to grow their own healthy nutritious food and beautiful edible flowers.

The Worm Factory
874 Grady Road, Foley Mountain
Westport, ON  K0G 1X0

613-273-7595