[Stoves] Candle powered stove

Andrew C. Parker acparker at xmission.com
Tue Sep 27 14:24:42 CDT 2011

Maurice,

Remember to keep the wicks properly trimmed to maintain better
combustion.  There was a very good article on candle combustion, eons ago,
in American Scientist (spent an afternoon a few years ago going through my
father's back issues, but never could find it again).

I have used tea candles during blackouts.  How many would you need to use
to heat a room?  What would be the indoor pollution from massed tea
candles?  I like the idea for emergencies, but would favor an efficient
wax burner for long-term use.

The wax from the tea candles could be melted and reformed for use with an
efficient wax burner.

Candles have been used with hay boxes for simmering.  Don't have any