[Stoves] Candle powered stove

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Tue Sep 27 16:26:57 CDT 2011

Hi MauricePColgan,

The statement that some candles (mentioned in your mail:
http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com ) would be sufficient for room-heating is
certainly not true. You can yourself repeat my following low-tech
experiments from five years ago:

http://lists.bioenergylists.org/en/bollmtt

I learned in that time from Frans Peeters, that one tea-candle has the power
of about 80 Watts. The seven candles would make 560 Watts.

A small electrical plate (diameter 9.5 cm) I use for a small expresso-jug
has 500 Watts electrical power. I am sure this plate is more efficient in
using 500 Watts, than the 560 Watts of the candles with its hot off-stream.
With 7 candles it takes a lot of time to get a water-kettle with 1 liter to
boil.
Those candle stoves with only one or two candles would be sufficient to
maintain the heat in a RHC (retained Heat cooker = hey box).

Let us know about your efforts.

Regards

Martin