[Stoves] Candle powered stove

Maurice Colgan maurice_colgan at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 16:57:27 CDT 2011

Sorry  to disagree Martin,

Theory and practicality can be different kettles of fish. The ten hour tea lite candles certainly do heat our living room and have been doing for the past three months or so. Today I increased the ten hour tea lights to 15 and the temperature of our living room reached 78 degrees farenheit. Maybe because the cast iron stove is enclosed and working very well efficiently too heating up the chimney masonry too in the process.  Perhaps our home insulation also helps ?
I having poor circulation ad feel the cold so need the warmth provided by the candles to do the job.

Okay we are not working in labratory conditions but nevertheless I stick by my personal observations. You are welcome to come visit and see for yourself. :-)

Cheers, Maurice.