[Stoves] Biomass Stove from Indonesia -- and stick-wood fuel

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 2 10:16:28 CDT 2012

To all Stovers,

BRAVO to Professor Muhammad Nurhuda and his co-workers in Indonesia!!!

This is serious TLUD R&D, with practical results!!!!

The use of stick-wood segments (30 cm in this case) is highly
important.  Christa Roth and I and others have seen such fuels also
used successfully in Africa (especially CREEC in Uganda).  Nurhuda's
YouTube items illustrate very well the vertical placement of
serious-sized stick-wood with smaller pieces entering last,to fill
most of the vertical voids, plus small pieces on the top for ignition
(and I suspect also for appropriate additional limiting of the
vertical air flow).  This deserves further serious study.

If stick-wood segments are a preferred fuel source and are available,
they will give a major boost to spreading TLUD cookstoves worldwide.

I and hopefully others will assist Nurhuda bring his excellent work to
the attention of the English speaking stovers.

M.N, please tell us how many of your TLUD stoves you have now
produced, and at what price.  At ETHOS 2010 I reported about your
stoves and noted "2500 units of model UB-02 have been produced and
sold at $10."  So that was probably 2009 data that you sent me.

We are delighted to have such a significant update about your work in
Indonesia!!

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:    Dr TLUD      Doc      Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf (excellent ref.)
My website specific for TLUD information: www.drtlud.com  =  www.DrTLUD.com

Quoting mnurhuda at ub.ac.id: