[Stoves] Biomass Stove from Indonesia -- TLUD data -- and stick-wood fuel

mnurhuda at ub.ac.id mnurhuda at ub.ac.id
Thu Apr 5 01:51:07 CDT 2012

Dear Prof. Anderson and all,

The material used for the stove was not good metal. We have learned that
not only the burning tube is important, but the stove base is also very
important. It is because, most Indonesian kitchen is wet kitchen. It is,
of course, very easy if just replacing the material of the stove, from
previously rejected plate to, let say stainless plate material. But, using
stainless material, will the stove be still affordable for the poor?

Our stove has a burning tube that is replaceable. We provide therefore the
spare part. If the stove is correctly used, the damaged component should
be the burning tube only. User can easily replace with the new one.

We have different type of the stoves, one looks like kerosene stove, while
the other is of cylindrical type. Until recently, we have still difficulty
with that of kerosene like stove, regarding the system for extinguishing
the flame. One of the cause why our stove is not long lasting is, that the
users extinguish the fire by pouring water on it.

I therefore do not sell the kerosene like stove, before the problem is
completely resolved.

Best regards
M. Nurhuda