[Stoves] FW: PARAFFIN GEYSER

Quintus Jordaan quintusj at cbuying.co.za
Wed Apr 11 09:40:05 CDT 2012

Emailer Footer2 3B - QUintus

From: Quintus Jordaan [mailto:quintusj at cbuying.co.za]
Sent: 11 April 2012 04:31 PM
To: 'psanders at ilstu.edu'
Subject: PARAFFIN GEYSER

Dear Paul,

I read your comments about the paraffin geyser on internet with interest.
ICBS is the patent holder of the paraffin geyser tested by Professor Lloyd
of UCT on behalf of the Paraffin Safety Association. You are welcome to
direct any questions you may have to me. ICBS is involved in the development
of low cost housing and we realized the need for an efficient paraffin
operated water heater for the low income market which would both be very
functional and affordable. Similar geysers have been around for many years
but they lacked efficiency. I have succeeded in overcoming the problem and
the result was a water heater able to heat water from cold to approximately
60 degrees C in less than 60 seconds.

The initial design was not scientifically based but simple practical "boere"
common sense and technology. We are now in the process of approaching the
design more scientifically and Professor Joshua Meyer, head of the
Engineering faculty of the University of Pretoria has been kind enough to
allow us to install a unit at their workshop which they would then evaluate
scientifically and study with the purpose of changing the design for optimum
performance. Our production line is in China and the new prototypes of which
one will be installed at Pretoria University, arrived just before the
weekend and will be delivered to me tomorrow. These already incorporate some
changes to comply to S.A.B.S. safety requirements and also be more efficient
in heating water.

Best regards,

Quintus Jordaan

Emailer Footer2 3B - QUintus