[Stoves] Product list from Envirofit..so? / laziness

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Sun Apr 15 14:48:23 CDT 2012

Dear stovers,

Jean-Francois, bon jour à la France d’Allemagne!

It is necessary to continue somehow the line you draw in your posting in
that thread.

We must consider that laziness (e.g. and especially in preparing fuel) will
be our most useful helper in acceptance of a stove.

We would best construct CO2 neutral-stoves even for use (and with
acceptance) in “lazy-advanced” countries.

The law of minimal resistance applied on humans is simply called “laziness”;
and that is a law of (all the) nature.

The conclusion is the need, to construct stoves which burn (mostly) un-split
and un-chopped wood, -even when small wood would burns far easier.

The stove has to get quickly and brightly to burn without work; even when it
has to burn later-on big logs.

The nearly unreachable laziness-model is a bottle-gas-stove.

If we want to work with wood or something likely we will be forced to work
with hybrid-stoves, if we want to create stoves for lazymen/lazywomen.

- A T-LUD, started with a gas-torch is likely the same, without being the
method of choice.

Dealing with wood-like fuel we will have to think always about a
“fire-cascade” to get a stove quickly started and without much
splitting/Chopping-work.

Dealing with different-shaped fuel/wood the stoves must be different; e.g.
rockets, T-Luds, saw-dust-stoves, etc., but all hybrid-stoves to deal with
laziness.

Since some months I am thinking about fuel/wood-pre-warming to facilitate
that “fire-cascade” .

Some “hand-held” experiments by starting my space heating stove gave me
courage to look further.

Regards

Martin