[Stoves] Product list from Envirofit..so? / laziness

Crispin P-P crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:15:56 CDT 2012

  Dear Martin in a playful mood

You forget to mention being able to cut wood this afternoon and cook supper
immediately. That saves the effort of waiting for it to dry. You know, I
like Rok Oblak's drying of fuel on the outside of the stove. That helps the
lazy accomplish something else while loafing.

I am picking up Jean-François' comment about the claimed performance for
the Envirofit stoves, i.e that they are modest. Well, isn't that better
than exaggeration?

I spent many years designing production equipment for small industries and
a production claim has to go with each system. They are run by ordinary
people who learn on the go. What worked well was based on 6 hrs per day of
applied effort. After 4 months our estimates were usually exceeded. So if
you claim a performance that everyone can achieve after a month or so it
leaves most people happy.

As you can see most products they showed are some iteration of a Rocket
Stove which typically has an efficiency of 27%. The big difference is
durability from what I can see. Funders want 5 years now.

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com