[Stoves] Making and Burning Charcoal in the TLUD / TChar

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 12 11:13:24 CDT 2012

Dean and all,

You are right, this is great!!     Charcoal cooking in the second stage
in a stove that makes charcoal out of dry biomass with clean combustion
of gases created in the stove that makes gases from that dry biomass!!!

This variation of TLUD stoves is call TChar (tee-char), and is described
in several documents at    www.drtlud.com

T is for TLUD, and Char is for charcoal stoves.   TChar combines these
two stove types.

Everyone should please note that the upper parts of the TChar units
create the charcoal, and lower part is actually a charcoal stove of some
type.       The advocates of TLUD technology in cookstoves generally do
NOT recommend that charcoal is burned inside of a regular TLUD,
especially now that IMPROVED charcoal stoves can be used as the base in
the TChar stoves.
There will be many developments coming with the TChar TLUDs, especially
in cultures in Africa and Haiti and elsewhere where charcoal cooking is
widely used.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072