[Stoves] Plastic-powered plane to fly from Sydney to London

Carefreeland at aol.com Carefreeland at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 21:40:03 CDT 2012

In a message dated 8/30/2012 3:45:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
xvr.brandao at gmail.com writes:

DD: Dan Dimiduk replies

DD:   Stovers, and Gasification people,

 This topic is better suited for the gasification list if someone  wants to
forward it to that. I tried to do it but it may bounce.
My first thoughts on this subject of plastic to  fuel, go to the huge mass
of floating plastic out in the Pacific Ocean.  I  wish someone would finance
building a large floating platform on some old ocean  going barges and
construct a refinery. The raw material is free in international  waters and
probably would cost less than pumping, shipping and then refining  conventional
crude oil. The finished synthetic petroleum distillate products can  be
shipped and sold at a premium to any developed island nearby,
    The reserve of raw plastic in the Pacific Ocean  would even be a
renewable resource as more plastic is constantly being dumped  and washed into the
pacific basin. This would even be a great project for one of  the major oil
companies to invest in. Probably among the largest untapped oil  reserves
in the world, Centrally located to pacific rim markets. The only place  you
can produce oil and clean up the planet in a big way at the same time.
    Comments?

        Dan Dimiduk

Sorry, I sent a message without text, here is the  link:
_http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2200029/plasticpowered-plane-to-fly-fr
om-london-to-sydney?wt.mc_ev=click&WT.tsrc=Email&utm_term=&utm_content=Plast
ic-powered%20plane%20to%20fly%20from%20Sydney%20to%20London&utm_campaign=Bus
inessGreen%20Weekly%20Newsletter%20220812&utm_source=Business%20Green%20Week
ly&utm_medium=Email_
(http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2200029/plasticpowered-plane-to-fly-from-london-to-sydney?wt.mc_ev=click&WT.tsrc=Email&utm_te
rm=&utm_content=Plastic-powered%20plane%20to%20fly%20from%20Sydney%20to%20Lo
ndon&utm_campaign=BusinessGreen%20Weekly%20Newsletter%20220812&utm_source=Bu
siness%20Green%20Weekly&utm_medium=Email)
Incredible, cannot help but think about the DeLorean from  the movie Back
to the Future, powered by waste.
One day, we also might have stoves running on plastic. Oh  wait, it already
exists :)
--
Xavier  Brandao
Prakti Design  Lab