[Stoves] Equipment required for testing stoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:26:23 CST 2012

Dear Frank

You are on the right track, in my view. The assumed energy for the wood and char is a major source of imprecision in the test.

As for quenching with water: unfortunately we need to know the residual moisture content of the fuel 'as removed'. That varies a lot depending on the stove type. Quenching it with nitrogen is an alternative.