[Stoves] easy fix new route fwd...based on experiencenotarmchair advice...

mtrevor mtrevor at ntamar.net
Mon Dec 17 01:21:42 CST 2012

"I saw it in use and saw the blend and observed that indeed decomposition was accelerated with the result of a more flexible fiber matrix and hence a more compact briquette. The time observed was 8 days with use of the yeast and 18 + days for non yeast:,  same blend, same black plasic covering to same form, same climate/ sun/ temperature /humidity etc., conditions."

Thank you for this little tidbit--- We have lots of pieces left over from composting and I suggested thet try soaking them and adding to the cardboard for the briquettes.
They did  but the soaking time was only a few days to a week and the briguettes busted up around the larger pieces.  Sounds to me like that yeast and a longer time
may be a very good idea to try. I still have not tried a large pestle either.