[Stoves] Charcoal-TEG power pack

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 21:23:46 CST 2012

Radan and list:

      Thanks for the support on the potential for TEGs.

      I want to strongly discourage char combustion for this purpose.  The reason is that some 5-6 times as many trees are being cut for char.  But we can have a similar low power output with char-making stoves.  The produced char then has exceptional value for a) sequestration of excess carbon and b) soil improvement.

     The important point of TEGs is the extra value to the stove owner when using WASTE energy - carbon neutral energy that displaces as well a huge number of disposable batteries ( ref. Talk by Nate Johnson at the ETHOS meeting).

Ron