[Stoves] Reply to Paal re GACC

Nat of WorldStove nataniele at aim.com
Sat Feb 4 13:30:07 CST 2012

Hello Paal,
To the best of my understanding, the GACC is by no means intended for only US programs.
The GACC is an international organization which endeavors to promote, facilitate, increase awareness and prioritize goals
to help others meet the goal of 100 million clean cookstoves by 2020.
The GACC does not provide funding.  What the GACC can do to help people, like you and your team, who have been walking the
the walk and providing clean cookstoves long before there was a cookstove movement is make people and foundations aware of your work
and through their political efforts strive to introduce the topic to philanthropists who may wish to fund work like yours.

Much of the business plan is based on the comprehensive report the GACC recently published entitled "Igniting Change" .
A copy of this report can be downloaded from this link: http://cleancookstoves.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/UNF_IgnitingChangeReport_4.2MB.pdf

By developing standards the GACC can also help educate possible donors as to what makes a clean cookstove; this way foundations may
be assured that their donations would go to stoves and programs that do provide an improvement and help achieve the

goals and standards that you, and many many others, have help create by your contributions. The program is by no means set in stove.
At the meeting it was clear that Dr Muthiah sees the process as being in evolution and clearly dynamic.  Remember too that there are GACC meetings
planned for the world over including the upcoming ISO meeting close to your home this month.
(see here http://cleancookstoves.org/events/ and here
http://pciaonline.org/ISO-International-Workshop    for more info on that meeting)

Hope this helps.

Nat of WorldStove