[Stoves] Chimneys

rbtvl at aol.com rbtvl at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 10:02:10 CST 2012

We do use chimneys in our Tanzanian Maasai project stove.  You can see an animation on the stoves page of www.maasaistovessolar.org
The Maasai live in unventilated homes and our sampling particulate and CO meters show them burning wood indoors five or so hours a day. They need a stove they don't need to tend while cooking as they sometimes simmer corn and bean mixtures for hours.  The data page on our web site shows how terrible their former way of cooking had been. Note they were near symptomatic levels of CO.  One of the most important to the Maasai women subjectively is no more smoke and soot around where it used to go out the door.   There houses are clean. A nice improvement for them
Bob Lange
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Tanzania.