[Stoves] Chimneys can be excellent and indoor air crucial

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:54:12 CST 2012

Dear Bob

I really appreciate you giving us the details of the circumstances in which
the stove operates.

Is there a cultural reason why the walls are not perforated with, say, 4 x 6
inch holes at the roofline? In some places they will accept such a basic
change to the building, other not.

After paying 1.5 goats, what is the lifetime before a 'significant expense'
much be made (defined by you or them)?

Do they perceive the investment as something that should last forever, or is
there a reasonable expectation of life, such as the time it takes to
generate an extra 1.5 goats?

Oh, and is there going to be resistance to a stove that is taller and the
cook sitting a bit higher? It is difficult to get a clean burn of biomass in
300mm save in more expensive circumstances. If the height was 430mm or more,
things become a great deal easier. You might have a view on that but now.

Thanks
Crispin