[Stoves] Newly founded non-profit energypedia organization takes over operation of www.energypedia.info

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:39:44 CST 2012

From: energypedia News [mailto:info at energypedia.info]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:15 AM

Instanzenadmin published a new blog article:

Newly founded non-profit energypedia organization takes over operation of www.energypedia.info

Dear energypedians,

We have already indicated in prior newsblogs that energypedia will constitute itself as an independent non-profit organization and we are now proud to inform you about the latest developments in this matter. Already in January 2012, “energypedia UG (haftungsbeschränkt)” was officially founded as a German non-profit organization. This newly created body will be in charge of www.energypedia.info and responsible for its operation and continuous development from March 2012 onwards.

These formal changes will not affect you, our users, in any ways! Energypedia will remain an open and free knowledge platform for sharing information about renewable energies! However, there will be some policy changes for workspace owners who will be personally informed by us in the upcoming days.

The outsourcing of www.energypedia.info to an independent organization became necessary since its current owner – the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) within the Dutch-German Partnership Programme Energising Development (EnDev) – neither has the mandate nor the resources to cope with the increasing tasks and workload on the energypedia platform.

In the near future, an additional energypedia consultancy will be founded offering commercial services like customer-specific wiki solutions and trainings. All potential profits will be transferred to the existing non-profit organization allowing a more independent financing. The overall goal of all these organizational changes is the sustainable build-up of stable structures and a smooth operation of www.energypedia.info.

We will, of course, keep you informed about all new developments. Should you have any questions, please feel free to  <mailto:info at energypedia.info> contact us.

All the best,

Your energypedia team

Go to Article <https://energypedia.info/index.php/Blog:News/Newly_founded_non-profit_energypedia_organization_takes_over_operation_of_www.energypedia.info>