[Stoves] Grass bundles as TLUD fuel

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 9 16:36:44 CST 2012

Dear Corey and all,  (expanded to the whole Stoves Listserv.

Corey's question is below, and I am turning to the master (PW) for
comments.  The photo he sent was from a Wendelbo video.   Paal holding
a bound bundle of fuel.  "This is the same grass that they use on
their roof."

"Grass" types are so numerous.  The photo shows more like small reeds.
  They certainly do gasify well in TLUDs.  Papayrus is the fuel in the
large TLUDs for Paramount Dairy in Uganda (see   www.drtlud.com  home
page for story).

Mike and others what to use vetiver grass.  Paal (and all), do you
have experience with bundles of the thinner grasses such as vetiver?
I have not had success in my limited trials.

Please include Corey in your replies.

Paul  /  Doc
--
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)