[Stoves] wet fuel and smart fuel

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Thu Feb 9 13:50:54 CST 2012

Greetings Krista et al.,

... but what about drying the fuel alongside the stove beforehand ?

 Just saw wet (25- 30% moisture)  fuel kill the fire of a recent demo here in Guatemala at the PCIA conference. Then same day nearly same time same location, noticed the same stove with same wood at much lower loisture content start up and run very well.

Its the same with briquettes, only that we hang them off the side of the stove with whatever is handy.

And ( here's the preachy part) dont forget abou the potential of blending in  agro residues for desired aromatic effects:  Mosquitoes  and flies? blend in euclayptus or lemon grass:
Congestion in the  chest ? add in the neem leaf or spearment or clove leaves.
thats only the tip of a very large opportunity iceberg folks and each of you know one heck of a lot more about the options and resources in your one experience that I ever could:

What I do know is that you needs to heat the bqs for a few minutes to say ½ an hour and get up to 150 - 175 degrees (F).
I know that if you do this you will  get:
1) No smoke;  pure aroma-- and
2) a bone dry fuel ready to ignite up insertion with little if any smoke at all.
And yes charcoal lovers, you can add in crumbs and dust the 10 to 20% of your product that winds up as dust on the floor of the sellers stall --and still get the aroma plus the desired charcoal style heat.

Design your own fuel,  attache it exclusively to your own organisation like we are taugh to do int eh west: And get rich
...or you can share it out and feel good
Or you can get smart or detail it in a small phamplet and sell it online and get both.

Win Win-- amigos; try it out sell it locally then teach us globally.

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org