[Stoves] wet fuel and smart fuel

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Fri Feb 10 09:54:30 CST 2012

Greetings Christa,
Lots of reallybgood insights you and others are offering about wet fuel. Thanks. One thing about field extension though is it not possible to tie the extension process with the selling / training process --- in a way that grows with stove use? Ie., the buyers are incentivised to act as demonstrators to promote the stoves to others through some sort of discount scheme on future stoves.
There's nothing new about this in the commercial product -selling world. In the development arena however, we all too often seem to feel we have to do what simple market incentives can often (at least in non humanitarian emergency relief situations), accomplish far better.
How is the user incentivised to act as promoter in your project?

Richard
Sent from my iPhone