[Stoves] Cleaning Dung

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Fri Feb 10 11:10:04 CST 2012

Boston, we work with  a great husband and wife fuel briquette training team by the name of Francis and Mary Kavita who know all about cleaningvdung for fuel. They just perfected use of cow dung blended with other 'takataka' for briquette fuel in the Masai Mara over the past three months: They managed Elephant dung in western/southern  Mombassa earlier this past year and they are at work on camel dung for a project in Somalia presently.

Its a case of really crappy work done well...

They live i up in Miumbuni village, in the former Makweni District of Kenya. It s only about 3 hrs east of Nairobi but it takes about a week to get an email to them. Their son receives it in the city, then writes it all out  longhand, then posts that to them by snail mail .

It will tale a couple of weeks to realise full turn around if they are not off on another training assignment somewhere but I'll give it a shot if you need that kind of information —at least as  it pertains to briquette-making.

Regards,
Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org

Sent from my iPhone