[Stoves] Wet chip stove test.

Otto Formo formo-o at online.no
Fri Feb 10 11:12:31 CST 2012

Dear Tom,

I am so happy to hear about your and Alex tests of wet fuel in gasifiers.

I have tried, for some time, to convince my colleauges that a top lit charcoal makeing gasifier, would perform quite well, even if somepart of the fuel is wet.
I tried with some mixed wet woodchips at the bottom of the combustion chamber and proper dry ones on top, but it didnt work out very well.
The moisture content was between 30-50% at the bottom and 5-10% of the top layer.

Now, I can see, you should not mix it, but put it into layers, correct?
I will try out this further more, because it will allways be a challange to find sufficient dry fuel during the rainy season in tropical regions.

Enjoy still. the warm beaches of Florida.

Otto