[Stoves] Draw out moisture with charcoal

Kobus Venter vuthisa at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 15:52:24 CST 2012

Stovers

Way off topic and dumb but at the same time miraculous and hilarious. I've had the privilege of dropping my Blackberry in the toilet. Amazing how men can multi-task in emergencies: ripped out the battery (before that was just a blur) and proceeded to dry it out (at arms length) with the hairdryer...but what would absorb the moisture remaining in the sensitive circuits? I suddenly recalled reading on the list about the amazing absorbing properties of charcoal. Simply wrapped the phone in a single serviette placed it in a plastic packet and dumped charcoal over it but did not tie it closed. I left it in there for 48 hours to be safe...and here I am typing away on it. I seem to find all sorts of uses for charcoal lately. Why is this stuff happening to me - or more importantly why am I sharing it? Did I tell you about the time we had a sewage leak...oh perhaps another time.

Regards

Kobus
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device www.vuthisa.com