[Stoves] Grass bundles as TLUD fuel

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 17:44:44 CST 2012

Dear Mike

I am really happy to hear that you have found the pellets to be a
good-performing fuel. Looking forward, there is a large future in the
pelletizing of biomass from diverse sources because it provides what has
been missing: predictable fuel.

Everyone wants an order of magnitude (minimum) in emissions reduction. To do
that with relatively little skill upgrade on the operations side and have
the 'skill' in the fuel makes it very easier to achieve marge scale
implementation with predictable results.

Do you know if the one pellet making machine re heard about arriving in
Haiti exists, and is operating?

Thanks
Crispin

We did get a hold of grass pellets last night and they worked great!  With
only 4 inches of pellets in the bottom of our large stove designed for
natural fuel we boiled a gallon of water in 12 minutes and it heated our
oven to 430 Degrees burning for over 30 minutes.  Our stoves capacity could
burn these grass pellets for 2 1/2 hours!

I have a video of the new stove top with oven on our website front page, I
am working on making a better video with this latest grass test in the next
weeks.

Thanks Mike