[Stoves] What really gets me 'pissed'

George Wood skygod12000 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 09:12:45 CST 2012

You narrow your search terms to get the 'exact' match for what you want information about and there seems to be a 'perfect' match, but it's not open source , so you face a dilemma of paying up to $100 for a paper on something you may already know; .... or does it open a doorway?  The likes of Elsevier are stifling research with their 'you gotta pay to get this paper' IMHO.  Researching the best approach for a project I have in mind would probably be easier if I had access to those that have done it before, but paying maybe $1000 in research puts it out of my league.  Why can't these be made public domain when they are often funded by public money?