[Stoves] oven-dried vs sun-dried biomass and TLUD stoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:05:53 CST 2012

Dear Rajan

My interpretation is that the stove that burns the ambient moisture brq's well is tuned to the fuel. When replacing that with a bone dry fuel, the strove needs to be adjusted, just as you need to change the compression ratio of a can that changes from high to low octane fuel, or gasoline to diesel.

Particles are not formed 'by the fuel' they are formed by the stove burning that fuel badly or incompletely.

If the problem is as you describe I suggest limiting the primary air pre-heat and quantity.

The PM should return to its former level.