[Stoves] Micro Auto Gasification System (digression)

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:39:16 CST 2012

Dear George

I feel this is a work in progress that should have succeeded much more.
Three of us tried (me with Cecil Cook and Boris Kamstra) to get a
demonstration going for the WBank and USAID in the DRC. We created for their
project more than 250 sustainable small businesses in a single city
(Lubumbashi) using 14 technologies from New Dawn Engineering (including two
different stoves). We did this over three years, including setting up a
training centre to spread the knowledge. We hoped it would catch on and we
would do much larger things but no one came to the party in spite of our
success in what is an extremely difficult working environment. Meaningful
social and economic development in the Heart of Darkness is possible but
pretty demanding. A lot of foreign influence and skewed economics there.

I gave it a good shot for 30 years. Family demands plunk me in the Heart of
Materialism now which suffers from the same issues, actually: foreign
influence and skewed economics. Heh heh. Plus ca change..

Thank you Crispin for this long overdue insight in the great work NDE has
been doing for a long time. I know you don't like to blow your own trumpet
to loud but there is nothing wrong with being proud of ones achievements -
even here on this forum.

I for one feel privileged to have NDE - and you amongst others - on board
for our pilot here in The Gambia.

Cheers

George from the jungle