[Stoves] oxygen percentage in air ( same altitude ) and wood stove performance

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 09:58:19 CST 2012

Dear Rajan

It is not possible for the O2 level to be significantly different, but there
is a chance that the humidity of the air is different.

Assuming you have fuel with the same moisture content in both places, the
absolute humidity (mass of water per cubic metre) can make a small
difference. I have noted this when testing 'racing stoves' a few years ago.
When it is really humid the performance deteriorated very noticeably.

Perhaps I should first ask, what is the performance difference you have
noted? Are you taking a fuel sample and using it at both locations? It is
more likely to be the fuel.