[Stoves] oxygen percentage in air ( same altitude ) and wood stove performance

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Mon Jan 30 09:09:58 CST 2012

Dear All,

What would be the difference we can expect in the percentage of oxygen in the urban and rural air ( altitude remaining the same ) ?

I am asking this question since I found the same wood stove with the same fuelwood performed better in a rural area compared to an urban area ( altitude being sea level at both places ). I am not able to find any reason except a possible difference in the oxygen percentage in the air at the two places.

Has anybody else also experienced something similar ?  Or is it just my illusion ?

Hope to get some clarification from somebody.

Regards,

Rajan