[Stoves] Charcoal-TEG power pack

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Tue Jan 31 20:07:13 CST 2012

Dear Ron,

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 01:02:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: rongretlarson at comcast.net
> To: Discussion of biomass cooking stoves
> <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
> Subject: Re: [Stoves] thanks

> One idea I think that deserves more working on is coupling the stoves
> topic with the village power topic - while making char. I have started a
> meeting on that with a knowledgeable TEG friend, with two of the Village
> Power presenters. I think TEGS could eventually be cheaper than PV and,
> unlike solar/wind, is dispatchable.

A really "great idea".

"Charcoal combustion with TEG attached" should be a fantastic "power pack"
for a village home lighting.

The beauty with charcoal combustion is that the combustion can be
comparatively well-controlled and can last for long time - compared to a
wood-fire.

Also, a TLUD stove can be handy in generating a high grade charcoal.

Regards,

Rajan