[Stoves] Burning jatropha fruit

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 8 12:42:43 CDT 2012

Joyce,

   You might wish to direct your question to the [stoves] list (CC'd).
I have tried jatropha nuts in a TLUD. The whole idea of improving a
"three stone stove" (fire) seems like it would probably require hardware
anyway, even if it is just a piece of sheet metal to wrap around the
base of the fire and protect it from wind / reflect the heat back into
the centre.  And, if you have the sheet metal anyway...

Regards,

   Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
   Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
   www.biochar-consulting.ca
   48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
   905-707-8754
   CELL: 647-886-8754
      Skype: lloyd.helferty
   Steering Committee coordinator
   Canadian Biochar Initiative (CBI)
   President, Co-founder&  CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario
   Partner of Toronto Urban Ag Summit! www.urbanagsummit.org
   See also: http://www.facebook.com/UrbanAgSummit
   Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
            http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
    Advisory Committee Member, IBI
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42237506675
   http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
   http://www.meetup.com/biocharontario/
   http://www.biocharontario.ca
    www.biochar.ca

"The history of every nation is eventually written in the way it cares for its soil."
  - Franklin D. Roosevelt