[Stoves] Energy supply and use in a rural West African village

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Jun 2 13:21:14 CDT 2012

Another project of interest in Mai is "Sustainable Charcoal and Agroforestry
Mali" getting started by NOTS (Not One The Same).

http://www.nots.nl/nieuws.php?id=103
<http://www.nots.nl/nieuws.php?id=103&cat=1&nieuws_id=98&item=Sus&setLanguag
e=_uk> &cat=1&nieuws_id=98&item=Sus&setLanguage=_uk

Tom

>Yes (and I think it is closer to 290 tons) - if you look at Figure 1 you'll
see that this is low for Africa (although not the lowest) based on more
approximately 40 other reports and in the band for reported values for Mali.
Given that Mali is one of the poorest countries in Africa this would be
expected. We have second paper currently in review that provides much more
detail on the stoves use and on the fuels used.

Mark