[Stoves] moving warm air

John Davies jmdavies at telkomsa.net
Fri Jun 8 13:14:44 CDT 2012

I have recently moved house, and have a dilemma. I have an anthracite heater
in one room which is uncomfortably warm. I wish to move the warm air into
adjacent rooms to have a more even heating of the house. There is an open
doorway leading into a passageway, but the air movement is insufficient.

My thoughts are to bore holes through the walls the size of a computer fan
and mount such fans in the holes to distribute the warm air.

Would this be successful ?  What wattage fan would move how much air ?  Is
the idea viable?

Your thoughts would be welcome.

John Davies,

Experiencing the first winter chill.