[Stoves] moving warm air

John Davies jmdavies at telkomsa.net
Mon Jun 18 11:43:50 CDT 2012

Dear Martin,

The bricks sound a good idea, especially as the fire sometimes dies when the
stove is set to the minimum turndown. Our winters are not really that cold,
with the heat needed mainly at night, and during the cold front weather
patterns, when  the heat is needed 24/7. The bricks can always be pulled out
when needed, then replaced again.

 I do not have a diagram of the stove internals, but there are pictures of
all the parts on the internet. Studying these should give a good
understanding of the design.

My son has a 230V fan similar to a computer fan, but somewhat stronger,
which he will allow me to use. This might work with ducting to move the hot
air to the other side of the house.

I am well aware of Crispin's successes, we have shared ideas for many years,
and were working parallel on a Mongolian type stove, with similar thoughts.
However Crispin beat me to the finish line, and with a better design. Well
done Crispin.

I have very little time to work on this challenge, but will share any
findings.

Thanks for your thoughts,
John.