[Stoves] the 150 gasifier in operation in Vietnam

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Sat Mar 3 16:44:19 CST 2012

Andrew,

Someone had left a wire strainer on the floor of the university building
where I was working.
By chance the wire stainer had the same diameter as my burner housing.
When I put it over the burner and burner housing, it fit perfectly and
turned red hot.
I had never felt such heat before.

So I went to the local market and found wire strainers of finer apertures.
These worked much better than what I first tried.

I then put a reflective barrier around the base of the wire strainer to
reflect inwardly the radiant energy being laterally emitted.
My next experiment will be to put a piece of aluminum foil on top of the
burner to reflect upwardly the radiant energy being downwardly emitted.
Hopefully this will direct more heat to the pot.

Thanks.
Paul

--
Paul A. Olivier PhD