[Stoves] the 150 gasifier in operation in Vietnam

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Mon Mar 5 23:00:41 CST 2012

Kevin,

I do not think that normal mild steel wire mesh would make it through a
single gasifier run.
I'm afraid that it has to be something "exotic".
This wire mesh really gets hot.
Someone measured the temperature about 4 inches above the dome.
When the probe reached 500 C, he stopped.

Thanks.
Paul

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Kevin <kchisholm at ca.inter.net> wrote:

> **
> Dear Paul
>
> Why not start with simple mild steel screen, of various sizes, and test
> them to see how long they last?
>
> Exotic materials will probably last longer, but at a very much higher
> cost.
>
> Once you have cost and "lifetime" information, then you can make the best
> decision about what materials to use.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Kevin

>>> Dalat