[Stoves] the 150 gasifier in operation in Vietnam

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Tue Mar 6 03:45:14 CST 2012

Crispin,

You've seen the video of the dome that is red hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80REBVTwpMo
The dome emits radiant energy in all directions.
I placed a shield on the sides of the dome to stop the lateral loss of
radiant energy.
You can see the shield clearly in the video.

But there is a lot of radiant energy (perhaps half) that goes down to
burner and does not heat the pot.
I want to put a piece of tin foil about 4 mm above the burner.
If it does not touch the burner, it should be more reflective.
The idea is to reflect radiant energy back up in the direction of the pot.
Does this make sense?
What difference should this make?

Paul

--