[Stoves] radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Tue Mar 13 23:38:02 CDT 2012

Alex,

I took three sets of temperature readings with and without the dome.

                  With     Without
Reading 1 -  500 C    563 C
Reading 2  - 473 C    578 C
Reading 3 -  470 C    571 C

All measurements were taken at the same height above the burner.
With the dome, the probe remained its normal color.
Without the dome, the probe got red hot.

The burner that I am using is a Belonio burner.
In a first step I added a burner housing to the Belonio burner.
In a second step I added the dome.
I can't imagine that the burner housing alone accounts
 for the much better boiling time that I get in comparison to Belonio.
I am totally at loss in explaining these temperature readings.

Paul

--
Paul A. Olivier PhD
27C Pham Hong Thai Street