[Stoves] radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Mar 13 21:41:28 CDT 2012

Paul,
If your thermocouple is small enough you might try mounting it suspended
inside a short piece of tubing. Copper or thin steel would equalize
quickly.  You could even crimp the open ends a bit. The idea is to allow
some through flow of hot gases while reducing the radiant losses and
gains to and from the surrounding sphere of influence. It would give a
second set of numbers for people to comment on.

Alex