[Stoves] Firewood should be Heat Treated before trasnsport

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:47:12 CDT 2012

Dear John

We have to either gas the wood (including pallets and crating) or heat treat
it if it is going out of the region.

I am pretty sure the pine bark beetle is native and goes through waves of
infestation followed by quiet periods, something like a 60 year cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bark_beetle

Are you able to turn those dead trees into pellets??

+++++

In North American discussions, about firewood, I believe a thought must be
raised about quarantine regulations, which state that all firewood must
undergo "heat" treatment before transport, to stop the spread of invasive
insects.I wish they had stopped the "pine beetle", in BC, Canada.
Billions...of cubic meters of trees DEAD..

John O. Olsen