[Stoves] Belonio burner top on TLUD stoves was Re: radiant heat capture, total heat measurement

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 16:32:23 CDT 2012

Crispin etal (couldn't get to "Alexis")

1. I had a small off-list exchange a few days ago with Andrew H. who also thought (on this list) that Paul Olivier had obtained a pre-mixed flame. The exchange went this way, with my talking to Andrew:

" Below you describe Paul's flame as premixed. Unless something has changed (Paul?), I believe the flamelets are of the diffusion type - all secondary air is above the "Belonio burner".. "

Paul responded a few days ago.

"Ron, you are right.
Air comes into contact with the gas only after it exits the burner holes.
Air does not come into contact with gas before it exits the burner holes.
Pau l "

2. It now seems critical to better understand everything about the secondary air flow, which obviously is different from Belonio's. Paul responded a few days ago on this - but I didn't follow his answer. This is to request a bit more from Paul - since that detail MAY have been the cause of the halving of boil-time. (I can think of several other causes.) I am interested in the gap dimensions - that are probably in the drawings sent to his machine shop. I probably could find these in the "stoves" archives, but am sure it will be easier for Paul to repeat that construction detail - and to affirm that the tests were with exactly this and wth no other changes..
But I also hope Paul can make a more direct comparison new test between his and the earlier Belonio boil-time data. Paul, is that new test possible for you?
Thanks in advance.

Ron