[Stoves] Radiation Analysis for Gasifier

Marc Pare mpare at gatech.edu
Sun Mar 18 11:28:35 CDT 2012

Alex --

Ok, I think I see what you're saying.
I tried playing around with this equation:

(didn't see how to incorporate enthalpy...maybe I'm just rusty there)

We don't really have good quantities for any of the variables,
unfortunately.
c_p -- what the actual composition of the gas? (value is around 1, in any
case)
m_dot -- depends on excess air, fan setting, % completion of gasification
reactions
dT -- remember all the discussion about shielding the thermocouple?

I can get values for the power between 0.092 kW and 0.46 kW.
Doesn't tell me much, especially since we haven't factored in the radiative
heating from the gasifier flames.

Marc Paré
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology | Université de Technologie de Compiègne

my cv, etc. | http://notwandering.com