[Stoves] Cleaning Dung

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:39:41 CDT 2012

Dear Richard

I think you have eloquently and emphatically stated the case of different occasions and I encourage you to maintain the pace.

Technology adoption, which was much discussed tonight at dinner with 12 people from the EnerKey programme, is a hot topic these days. There is a push to understand what to do with the people whose aspirations far exceed their local environment. The politicians want to be seen bringing modernity to the masses, not little cooking stoves. There is a strong resistance to products from outside yet a desire to be seen to bring them in.

There a lot of balancing acts to be seen.

Appreciatively yours
Crispin