[Stoves] Heat from combustion of TLUD gases with char remaining

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 08:41:21 CST 2012

Thanks for the spread. When conducting a test on a scale, you can get the power and efficiency in real time. Obviously it is done post facto with a char producing stove unless you have real time gas calculations to work with. The true heat value is still needed. If the wood heat is used, the test under-reports the thermal efficiency significantly.

It is important to note that this not related to the overall efficiency as described in the message about the char remaining. The efficiency here is the sub-system that includes the flame, the pot and the water in it.