[Stoves] Gas-bottle TLUDs Re: Wood gas cook stoves

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 8 10:07:31 CST 2012

Dear David and to all Stovers,

I received the message below from David Bramham
<dgbramham at optusnet.com.au> in Australia.

I am bringing his question to the right list, and I hope that David will
join the list.   Meanwhile, any replies should also include David's
personal email address.

We are interested in your work, and to have your results be beneficial
to many people in addition to those on Vanuatu.

I have only done a few simple experiments to make TLUD gasifiers in  old
gas bottles.   (I mainly work with sheet metal and many tin cans in the
prototypes.)   But other Stovers have done some. Especially (sorry I
forgot his name) in Texas who cooks regularly with TLUDs at his home.

To all:   Please do not overlook the metal containers for small propane
bottles and for covers of oil filters.

To David, I hope that you will make major progress and will send
messages back to all of us.   Information about cookstoves on Vanuatu
would be interesting if you have it.   Michael Trevor in the Marshall
Islands might also have some useful inputs.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com